Sunday, September 19, 2010

Can't Go Home Again

Not sure how true this statement is, but today I found out that you can't reconnect with some old friends again. I wrote a letter to a friend that I hadn't talked to in almost 10 years. She told me 10 years ago that we couldn't be friends anymore because the person she was with didn't like me. I respected her wishes and told her I understood.

Well my sister/soulmate passed away in December 2009 and I thought about how much I missed my friend and how life can be taken away so quickly from you. So I decided to reconnect with her. I found her ex boyfriend and found out how much her life had changed since the last time I had talked to her. So I thought maybe I would write her a letter and let her know I was thinking of her and I hope she was doing well. I wrote one letter and found out afterwards that she had moved. So I rewrote the letter again and sent it to her new address. I waited to see if I would get a letter back or a phone call. Nothing for 2 weeks.

Today I found out from her ex that she received both my letters. She will not be contacting me. She doesn't want to open back up the part of her life that I was in. I am sad to hear this, but I understand. Well I understand, but I don't understand. I understand she doesn't want to go backwards, but  I mean the time of her life I was in was a good time as far as I can remember. We were there for one another through some rough stuff and good stuff. I guess she must have seen it another way.

I wish her well. I hope that her life gets in order and that things work out for her and her kids.  I hope she gets away from the troubles she has been having and that she sees that there is a better way to enjoy life. I miss her everyday, but at least I know she is still out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment